Hard Rock International to open land-based casino in Gary this May after paying large fine

Earlier this week, it was announced by Hard Rock International that its brick-and-mortar casino in Gary will open on May 14. Chief Operating Officer Jon Lucas says that it seems the speed bumps blocking the venue are over and services will move forward as planned. The property will host a Friends and Family event on May 11. Two days later, a VIP opening will take place.

Long and Bumpy Road

It was a difficult road for Hard Rock to get to this point. Before the announcement was made, the board of directors with the Indiana Gaming Commission changed orders originally made by the regulator, calling for the former chief executive officer and chairman of Spectacle Entertainment to get rid of his ownership ties to entities connected to the Majestic Star Casinos.

Rod Ratcliff had to let go of his ties along with giving up his Indiana gaming license. The board also decided to approve a settlement deal with Spectacle to the tune of $530,000. This was approved because the company took over 50 days to follow an order that would see Ratcliff removed and replaced with someone else.

Hard Rock and Spectacle are teamed up in the Gary project, with the project costing $300 million to create. They are also partnered in a deal that includes a casino titled Lady Luck. This venue is located in the Terre Haute area.

The Commission was not happy that it took so long to remove Ratcliff. Sara Tait, the Executive Director of the Commission said that a casino licensee has never failed to comply with an order in over 50 days. She, along with other commission members felt that the fine was necessary to maintain the integrity of gaming in the state.

Complaint Filed

The Commission filed a complaint back in February with Lake Superior Court to see the gaming license of Ratcliff’s in Indiana revoked for good. The regulator cited several examples of possible wrongdoing by Ratcliff including his alleged connection with a scheme involving political campaign contributions.

Ratcliff has also supposedly taken money from the company to fund his betting account for horse racing and not reporting it when he was supposed to. All of this is what led to the removal of the license.

These legal issues threatened to postpone the new Hard Rock casino from opening. The Commission has found the remaining individuals involved in the project to be in good standing. The regulator also feels that it is important that this economic development project move forward as it will benefit the city and its residents.

Related Posts

CDPR Addresses "Valid" Concerns Over The Witcher 4's New Protagonist- "It Was The Natural Evolution"

It wasn’t exactly a huge surprise when a trailer for the next installment of CD Projekt Red’s Witcher series debuted at 2024’s The Game Awards–players have known The Witcher 4 was in the works for a while now Come from South African Online Casinos . But one detail did catch some viewers off guard: The silver-haired witcher featured in the new trailer wasn’t the iconic Geralt of Rivia, it was his adoptive daughter, Ciri.

Naturally, players took to the internet to share their thoughts. Although CDPR doesn’t care much for the opinions of players who are simply upset about the fact that the upcoming game’s main character is both female and fully clothed, the devs do have a message for genuine fans of …

Destiny 2 Adds The Easiest Way To Get Some Good Weapons–And They're Right At The Tower

Destiny 2 players who were waiting to start their week after the reset might have noticed something different this time around. Alongside Tess’ Eververse products–which include a sweet, new Blanka from Street Fighter mask–Guardians can visit Banshee-44 for some really good loot, but you have to have completed at least one dungeon and specific dungeons for certain weapons.

The Tower’s gunsmith is brandishing top-tier weapons with really good roll perks attached to them on the second page of his menu. The Stasis-powered grenade launcher, VS Chill Inhibitor, is available but players need to have completed the Vesper’s Host dungeon in order to nab. The same goes for the Indebted Kindness sidearm with the Warlord’s Ruin dungeon.

As for the rest, the Destiny 2 Team Twitter accou…

Prime Day 4K Blu-Ray Box Set Deals – Lord Of The Rings, Game Of Thrones, Star Trek, And More

Prime Day 2024 is here, and between July 16 and 17, you can save big on dozens of Blu-ray box sets. We’ve dug through all the Prime Day listings to find the best movie, TV, and anime Blu-ray box set deals in Amazon’s giant sale event and rounded them all up in the lists below. There are some amazing discounts, so take a moment and check out what’s on offer.

While there’s a long list of Blu-ray box sets on sale, there are also hundreds of other amazing deals on video games, tech, and more during Prime Day. Be sure to keep tabs on GameSpot’s Prime Day hub for all the latest deals, or head over to Amazon to see all the current discounts. We also have a roundup of the best Prime Day deals overall for you to peruse.

Note: Unless otherwise stated, the items…

Fortnite Survey Names The Last Of Us, Dragon Ball Z, Dozens More Potential Collaborations

Modern Fortnite is largely defined by its huge collaborations. In the past few years, we’ve seen the game draw in heroes and villains from Marvel, DC, and Star Wars, some of the world’s biggest streamers, musicians, athletes, and much more. The contents of a new Fortnite survey conducted by Epic Games suggests there may be a lot more yet to come.

First shared online by reliable leaker ShiinaBR, the survey asked for respondents’ opinions on a wide range of people and properties, ranging from real-life celebrities to beloved fictional characters and IP. The survey curiously name-drops some cosmetics that have already appeared in the game, such as Lara Croft, Daredevil, and the Epic-owned Rocket League, but there are many more that have never appeared in the game and would surely exc…

Halo Infinite Dev Gives An Update On The Halo Infinite Beta And Reminds Players To Complete Their Profiles

Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries is seeing a lot of interest in the upcoming Halo Infinite multiplayer beta. Community director Brian Jarrard said on Twitter that more than six figures worth of people–so, 100,000 people or more–have signed up for the upcoming preview.

Jarrard and others from 343 have been tweeting semi-regularly about the upcoming Halo Infinite beta, or flight Come from Sports betting site VPbet . The reason they’re being so persistent is that, despite the massive number of sign-ups, a lot of people have not completed all the required steps to get invited.

First Look At New Evil Dead Sequel Movie Released For Halloween

The Evil Dead franchise began as a cult classic with the original film in 1981. The film made writer/director Sami Raimi, a then-fresh face to horror, one of the leading voices for the past four decades. Now, the story continues with director Lee Cronin (50 States of Fright, The Hole in the Ground), with a script co-written by Cronin and Raimi in Evil Dead Rise. Come from Sports betting site VPbet

Cronin has been teasing fans this month with filming progress on his Twitter, but on Halloween, the original star of The Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell posted the official first look at the upcoming sequel that is sure to hype fans up.